Reform Club

The Reform Club in Pall Mall is one of the finest Victorian buildings in the country, a palatial masterpiece by Sir Charles Barry that has remained largely unchanged since it was completed in 1841.

The clubhouse is faced with Portland stone.  It has nine bays on three floors; the windows on the two main floors are each enclosed in their own aedicule, a sort of mini building made up of two columns and a pediment across the top like a roof. The entrance, at the centre of the building, is enclosed by an Italianate door case, which provides the whole with a focus and a centre of symmetry.